Top Ten Most Popular Baby Names of 2012: How easy will they be to handwrite? :)
According to BabyCenter.com, the most popular 2012 baby names are:
Male Names, starting at most popular:
Liam, Ethan, Noah, Mason, Jacob, Jack, Aiden, Logan, Jackson, Lucas
Female Names starting at most popular:
Emma, Olivia, Sophia, Ava, Isabella, Mia, Ella, Emily, Lily, Chloe
How does this relate to occupational therapy? Any occupational therapist who has ever had to teach handwriting and teach a young child how to write their name, knows how crucial teaching a name can be. It’s often the first thing the child starts writing, starting in preschool, and has to jot hastily down on every piece of paper for the rest of their lives.
For ANY child, special needs or not, a short name (or an easy nickname) with primarily vertical lines and at best a few curves will be easiest. Diagonals are the trickiest and require more developmental maturity than vertical and horizontal lines. And some letters are more prone to reversals than others such as b, d, p, q.
When I look at these top tens from a Handwriting Without Tears standpoint, none of them look too bad for a child with special needs to have to write. For Isabella, I’d vote for shortening it to “Bella” rather than “Izzy” because it is a really challenging one, two z’s and a y! Diagonal city!
If I had to name my child and knew in advance they would have significant special needs, I’d possibly try to find a 3 to four letter name that started with either a capital E, F, T, or L, and then had just a few simple lowercase letters, ideally avoiding b, d, or diagonals. (For example, Ella was a great one! Big line down, little lines across! Little line, little line! Magic c, little line! Even better would just be “Lila”.)
I often come across parents who lament that they would have named their child something differently had they known how much trouble the child would have handwriting! Realistically I’m sure if I truly had a perfect name picked out already then I would just go with the name I want and either give the child a nickname or just work a lot with my child on learning how to handwrite it! I’m not a HUGE fan of nicknames though, because they complicate things a little bit for a child with special needs, having two names to respond to and/or recognize and/or explain.
The most challenging name I ever had to teach (while working as a student occupational therapist in rural Mississippi at a pediatric clinic) was unique enough that I won’t share it, but I’ll give a fake name equivalent instead to explain – Ja-ni’queaL- the child’s name had an uppercase letter both at the beginning and end of the name, plus a dash, plus an apostrophe!
Hope you enjoyed my thoughts on the top most popular baby names of 2012 from a pediatric occupational therapist perspective!
Jan 02, 2013 | Category: Occupational Therapy | Comments: 1
- ► 2022 (1)
- ► 2021 (3)
- ► 2019 (2)
- ► 2018 (3)
- ► 2016 (8)
- ► October (1)
- ► August (1)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (2)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (1)
- ► March (1)
- ► 2015 (22)
- ► November (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (3)
- ► March (3)
- ► February (4)
- ► January (7)
- The Life Lemonade Resume: Making those Lemons Palatable
- Framework-III for OT Students/Practitioners, Cheatsheet
- Weighted Hedgehog: OT Sensory Tool
- OT Invention Munchy Balls: Fine Motor/Sensory Motor Play
- OT Lifehack: No more hook marks on your softer clothes
- Hyperchange Curriculum for Occupational Therapy Students
- Playful Pediatric Car Activities Using Road Clothes!
- ► 2014 (78)
- ► December (5)
- "I never worry about what they can't do...I worry about what they can do."
- Magnetic Dry Erase Slant Boards
- Developmentally enriching guide for toys and gifts, recommended by occupational therapists
- For prospective occupational therapy (OT) or current OT students
- Importance of Incorporating Function: The four pound bag of sugar versus gym weight
- ► November (7)
- OT lifehack: Great adaptive doorstop
- Handmade creative clay pencil grips
- Occupational Therapists and Kintsukuroi: Repairing with Gold.
- Quick Tip: Set up "Undo Send" function on Web Gmail
- Birthing babies and bills into law: the similar process of fruition
- Holidays are approaching. Toys for children with special needs?
- Upcoming CEU course: Strategies to improve effectiveness of school-based OT!
- ► October (6)
- ► September (8)
- Where's Waldo? But for Science - How Online Volunteer Programs can be used in Occupational Therapy
- Hair straightener/flat iron as iron?
- The importance of sensory play
- Started the journey of getting a clinical doctorate in occupational therapy (OTD)!
- Imaginative play is cognitively enhancing
- A Stroke of Insight/Choreographer of Life
- Kid version of ACLS ;)
- Make a transparent digital signature online without special software
- ► August (2)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (4)
- ► May (16)
- This is what a good dad looks like. :)
- Sharpies are your efficient best friend
- Why is your name "Miss Awesomeness?"
- The things little OT kids say :)
- Advertising tip for bulletin boards: bring your own pushpins
- Functional Fixedness: Good OTs work to lose this!
- The Fires of San Diego, Symbolism, Sadness
- Six color crayon wheel - great for OT fine motor/writing skills
- Awwwww. Love.
- Hangman for OT... suggestion to change it to Monkey Bar Man...
- A COTA daughter :)
- The Dance of Mental Instability: Sia's "Chandelier"
- Parents.com article on learning cutting skills
- OT, OT, OT...obsessive maybe
- "Party Animals" = Great fine motor and imaginative toy for fine motor skills
- Facebook and Twitter winning lately
- ► April (8)
- The Special Olympics and Kind Childen Supporters
- Making a Homemade Ice Pack
- His walker is styling as a Scion :)
- The benefits of styrofoam
- Frustration with occupational therapy as a profession right this second!
- Empowering the bystander to prevent cruelty and violence in bullying
- Amen to this one
- April 2nd - Apps Free For the Day
- ► March (5)
- ► February (4)
- ► January (12)
- Toca Boca Apps: Kitchen Monsters
- Bathroom sanitizer pass for students
- Affirmations for Children/People with Low Self-Esteem
- Painter Marker, not Paper, for Student Names on Desks
- Why Motor System Variability Can Be a Good Thing
- How To Use A Single Toy To Work on Any Motor Skill
- Bed-making Energy Conservation: OT tip of day
- Hire This 4th Grader to Help You Fire Your Mother
- OT Lego Strategies for Children
- Kids are Awesome: Self-Advocacy Gone Awry
- OTs Help Put the Able into Actionable: R A W = S A
- Cutting/fine motor manipulation/imagination: OT Activity
- ► December (5)
- ► 2013 (118)
- ► December (9)
- Pinterest steal - green tinsel that looks like heart rate :)
- Clocks and Value in Cognition
- Fuzzy/Rough/Textured Nail Polish for Soothing Tactile Sensory-Seeking Behaviors
- New website up :)
- Love My New Website?
- Being seen - ICU
- My New Website Is Coming Soon!
- Life hack for OT: Key ring help
- Verizon Wireless gives educators a discount on monthly plan
- ► November (14)
- I am thankful for ....
- Fwd: Expected Typing Speed (WPM) for Children, Common Core Standards
- Retro Baby :)
- Holding babies in NICU - video - OTs can work here too
- Multiple Choice Test Strategies and Problem-Solving
- OT and Doctors agree - SCREEN TIME IS BAD FOR TYPICALLY DEVELOPING CHILDREN!
- "You're Miss Awesomeness?"
- Dinovember - Celebrate fun!
- Super cool study on "occupation" with older adults
- Sometimes our OT kids don't know what they don't know!
- Because what if the IEP team gets hit by a bus?
- Goals Gone Wild: OT goal from the Rural South....
- You know how Google+ has circles?
- ► October (7)
- ► September (12)
- OT Kids say the Best Things....
- OT kids say the awesomest things
- Antonyms, Ants, Aunts: How awesome our OT kids can be
- Sweet moments even in frustrating therapy sessions...
- What's the Magic Word? OT Kids Say Awesome Things :)
- snaps/buttons and how to modify for child after toileting, in school OT...?
- OT rule 4,230: stamps are magical
- Classroom seating
- Parent/Teacher Conferences + Crazy Hair Day = Awesomeness
- "Hold your balls while I'm talking to you...." Wait....whoops. OT/ball bloopers.
- "Follow My Fingers with Your Eyes"
- Patience is a virtue when dealing with our OT kids
- ► August (15)
- Hickies for OT: Cool shoelaces for kids/adults who can't tie shoes
- Muting overhead speakers for sensitive kids
- OT Life Pseudo-Hack: Do what brings you joy. Care more about you.
- OT Life Hack: Adding texting shortcuts to your iPhone
- Hula hooping gone wild....aka beginner dance.
- OT life hack: Adding descriptions as last name on phone contacts
- Ikea: Rehab worthy item?
- Lester inspires me...
- Inflatable Unicorn Horn: Not an OT life hack. But certainly amusing...
- Slacklining: great for attention, focus, impulse control
- Supine shark?
- OT Life Hack: Use car cup holders for not just drinks
- Key caps: An OT's best friend, no matter what age!
- Work on Stereognosis with food.
- ► July (16)
- Sponge bob awesomeness
- pretty cool life hack :)
- Zentangle professing my OT love :)
- Some fun Games used in PT.
- Unintentional humor...
- Celia: years of volunteer Greenspan
- Pool noodle uses inspired by Pinterest
- Mat man from handwriting without tears
- Using pins and cork board for OT equals awesomeness
- Simple English
- The Pied Piper to Minimize special education stigma - OT thoughts
- How to get to wear rings when you have arthritis and/or big joints.
- Welcome to OT Land!
- Voice memos to help with memory or worries.
- Zentangles in OT mental health
- My OT Zentangle
- ► June (7)
- ► April (5)
- ► March (6)
- ► February (13)
- Child by Sylvia Plath
- LetterReflex: Review + Give-Aways of Dexteria and LetterReflex!
- How to Draw: Using Progressive Drawings from a Website
- Figuring out What to do at Conference
- Come to AOTA Conference, I beg you, I love you...
- How to Not be a Crappy OT (Learned the Hard Way), Lesson #1
- Real-Life Dexteria: Practicing Finger Isolation with Popsicle Sticks
- Robot Space Caterpillars: Coloring inside the Lines
- The "Love Potato" : Quick and easy OT Valentines Day Craft
- The Cricket Symphony: Surviving Childhood Without Social Skills
- Mat Man: Teach a Child How to Draw a Person Using Handwriting Without Tears
- The Hidden Poignancy of the MMSE - When clients write a sentence.
- A feline SOAP Note
- ► January (14)
- Guided drawings via Angry Birds
- Working on cutting long-term...
- Using stuffed animals in OT sessions...
- OT Review of iPad App Dexteria for Fine Motor Skills
- Therapeutic Handling Lab Demo
- My elementary school OT day in a nutshell....and oh a shameless request too.
- Meditating as a NICU cuddler
- Heavy clothes, calm bodies? Blast from the past
- Does music help attention? Does white noise help attention?
- Volunteering in the NICU :)
- Board copying the longest words in the English language :)
- Toys'R'Us has a Differently Abled section
- Top Ten Most Popular Baby Names of 2012: How easy will they be to handwrite? :)
- The American Academy of Pediatrics says recess is really necessary. CONCUR!
- ► December (9)
- ► 2012 (324)
- ► December (16)
- Army OT guy, great article
- The Grinch That Stole Blogmas....
- We are officially on break...
- My kids..
- I don't even know what to call this...
- Good news, bad news....
- Having a rough week!
- Hi, Teach123 Fans: Lava Paper!
- Does music help attention? Does white noise help attention?
- hit my sensory limit...
- Heavy clothes, calm bodies? Blast from the past
- Finding and Marketing Your OT Niche
- Norwegian alphabet...bet that AE combo is hard to teach
- holding sick babies :)
- Beautiful nesting puzzles
- What we write is not always read with our own filter...
- ► November (47)
- Some favorite occupational therapy toys aka popular Christmas gifts :)
- Adapted Physical Education (APE): Truly Awesome APE activity
- IEP meetings: the snarky side
- "I'm lonely"
- OT Quote of the Day
- Duct tape your eyeballs into your head, quick.
- I've been in healthcare too long...
- Official Miss Awesomeness Club Member
- Hello world!
- Weighted sea urchin :)
- Mr Frost: Melting Snowman: Great OT toy
- SPED Acronym Halloween costume :)
- Dragon Dictation or other voice dictation software?
- this broke my heart
- Perception Affects Reality: Focus on Progress
- Such a good point
- A great post on disability
- I'm channeling the Recycling OT...
- Watch those receipts...
- Jan Olsen of Handwriting without Tears in Costco Connection
- Scratch-off coupons for hand strengthening
- My boring stick people need hula-hoops: lefts and rights
- Zinkies: fine motor that translates over to handwriting
- Lava paper and Super Mario and Kindergartener Awesomeness :)
- Classroom Seating Solutions: Foot fidget
- I don't know a good title for this :)
- Blue Ghost Waiting...
- OT sticker shedder :)
- "The blind can only see the heart and intelligence of a man..."
- IEP meetings, yep`
- I am my mother's daughter...
- Lester the Lion Kitty, Love of my Life :)
- Taking your shoes off or "Doffing" your shoes :)
- Storing kid boots
- Friday give-away ends tonight
- Me :)
- Level II fieldwork in mental health, Margaret, and I
- A blast from the past from fieldwork
- Halloween, eye hand coordination idea
- birthday flowers :)
- Empowerment via Education
- How to remember to write a number
- OT Related Gift Ideas at Costco... Ideas at Costco
- "Early Therapy Can Change Brains..."
- ► October (56)
- Marie Curie: On the Spectrum?
- More Off-Topic from Birmingham....
- Over-time (OT) and Off-topic (OT)
- Sharks and ducks, OT game
- World OT Day: OT24x
- Make your letters fun!
- OT on OT: Random thought for the day
- Bridging Flexibility and Imagination through Board Game Creation with Highly Preferred Characters
- Pistachio shell art/imaginative play
- Give-away mishap ;)
- Blue unicorn :) OT kiddo
- Spelling words for OT
- Morphology Junior: Wednesday Giveaway :)
- Morphology Jr as an Imagination/Flexibility/Creativity Tool for Our Rigid OT kiddos
- Graph paper to promote fine motor control in coloring
- Give-Away: One year subscription to PointScribe (valued at $129)
- Cheat sheets even for an OT
- The Lava Paper is in!!
- Blue Starfish Ghost Attack!
- Shelby's Quest: Promo Code Giveaway
- Hand sanitizer....
- spanx proprio
- Nothing but monkey business :)
- This kid needs to work on his "p"
- Dum Dum DUMMMMMMMMMMM
- Copying with Mario
- Chilling with my coworkers :)
- Guided drawings, step by step in an OT session
- Giveaways and reviews and comments etc
- Copying using lava paper
- bdpq visual strip bee, drop, pig, quack
- Lockdowns, weighted hedgehogs, Barton, gluing, partridges in pear trees and I think I need Ritalin...
- Bridging Flexibility and Imagination through Board Game Creation with Highly Preferred Characters
- Miss Awesomeness Goes Live on Indiegogo :)
- Press Here: The App
- Weighted blanket for reading time...
- Writing charm try-out
- OT downers
- Sea anemones have preferred activities too. :)
- Quiet Mouths, Loud Hands: How Classroom Teachers Can Quickly, Quietly, And Effectively Use Line Time
- Red ribbon week + Mental Regurgitation
- Monster Cheese Wins OT Battles
- The concept of time - Visual Timers to help understanding + Experimentation
- OTs as Healers of the Heart...
- OT Moments of the Day...
- The Cool (and Mobile) Factor: iPad Use in the OT Clinic [Article contributed by WebPT.com]
- Let your kids make mistakes!
- My 30th Birthday Wish List of Awesomeness Which Includes Lots of OT Stuff.
- Blast from the past...
- Days of our OT Lives are Spinning Rapidly...
- Alien hat aka colander and pipe cleaners
- "Enjoying Halloween with Sensory Challenges"
- The Blue Ghost or Starfish :)
- Centipede shoes
- Cat Yoga by Rick Tillotson: Fitness and Flexibility for the Modern Feline - aka OT yoga ;)
- Chicken butt!
- ► September (22)
- OT 24/7
- good night
- OT rambles :) Again.
- Whole Brain Teaching - very applicable to OTs
- A homemade stylus for the iPad?
- Balance of Occupations, Random Thoughts of an OT ;)
- Nature art...nATuRe...
- Rythym/devil sticks
- Butter knife work :)
- Level II fieldwork supervisor on my peds rotation, Christy, and me :)
- Andy Goldsworthy Inspiration for Nature Sculptures
- Winner of our Magic Weighted Blanket Give a Way :)
- Give the corkboard dog his pushpin shots :)
- Way to work on a million OT skills at once :)
- Stickers for vestibular-ocular work and stickers for peaceful decorating
- More pictures thanks to a scary bug.
- What happens when a giant flying bug is in your room
- Occupational therapy self-reflection/rambling/thinking out loud
- A tu ti ta...Tooty Ta? Song...An amazing motor planning/sequencing song for OT kids
- Menacing avocados...I mean advocates :)
- New entries on occupational therapy...
- ► August (19)
- Magic Weighted Blanket Give-Away: Enter Now
- Rambling occupational therapy school OT thoughts...
- Facebook OT
- "Quiet hands"
- An OT Pinterest kind of night...
- Buttermilk the baby dwarf goat is a little rambunctious with her friends :)
- Diaphragmatic breathing for children with anxiety
- Insiduous changes...
- Starting the school year off right...
- This is the company I work for, and I recommend them. :)
- Perfume ads: Olfactory Sensory Tool???
- I should have been a criminal...
- Dogs help children read...
- Bamboo skewers are an OT's best friend
- Whoopsie doodles....when OT enters your own house
- OT was featured on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
- Accessibility and swimming
- What's in YOUR OT toolbox?
- ► July (49)
- White noise apps to help inattentive children focus on schoolwork
- OT blogging mid-life crisis
- My blogging mid-life crisis
- Patient perspective, ADVANCE series
- Public school could use a little Waldorf infusion ;)
- Infographic on video games improving our health!
- "Jane's" Journey
- W-Sitting, by SouthPaw's OT/writer Deanna Macioce
- Random pediatric OT ideas...
- Pictures from AOTA 2012 Indiana conference :)
- Novelty OT toys picked up on my trip...
- More novelty OT toys
- Novelty toys I may use in OT
- Apple of my eye or OT session
- My new Norwegian friend
- Ziplock Big Bags for OT storage
- Segway device puts wheelchairs to shame
- "Famous" OT blog ;)
- "Anita" - woman with Down syndrome - movie - OT relevant?
- Anxiety over graduate school/rotations...You can do it :) If I can do it, anybody can...
- Sexuality, personal care attendants, OT??
- Challenging worksheets ...
- Weighted Pencil DIY
- Some new OT blogs...
- Bill's Journey, Becoming an OT, Part 3 of 3.
- Therapeutic use of silence in OT
- 40 best online tools for OTs
- Healthcare jargon....
- Girl in wheelchair bungee jumps!
- OTs and DMVs, sitting in a tree...
- Vacationing with a child with autism
- Toy Shopping for kids with special needs
- Blogging as a pre-OT student
- Typical OT questions
- Good post on travelling OT
- OT student feels down for getting a bad grade....
- Do I have the right personality to be an OT?
- Closed webspace...OT pencil grips...
- A recent to do list for work, names/schools changed obviously
- Tweezers and ice cube trays in OT session
- Connect Four, travel size
- OT Blog Blizzard
- HandiWriter: Awesome sauce for OT
- Guest post by Luna: Born for OT
- Still in Norway
- ► June (27)
- Part Two, Bill's Journey of becoming an OT with Asperger's
- I-balls and guard bugs...
- OTs Planning in Bed....
- Googley eye...Eye bombing...OT style!
- Joyful Noise - Duet Poems
- Vision Therapy for an OT kid
- OT Ninjas
- Makeshift dungeon for OT kids
- OT monsters...
- Meet Bill :) A soon to be OTD student with Asperger's
- Tower Bunnies disguised in finger puppets....OT wackiness
- my icky face :)
- Fine Motor Coordination Ideas for Children in OT for the Summer
- An intriguing OT oddity
- Wrapping up
- Visual perceptual and/or motor challenges...
- A great "spider " game for OT
- Angry Birds on Thin Ice
- Eye bombing for OT
- Insert meaning here.
- DTVP-2 work :)
- My BIGGEST professional issue....
- Random OT update
- Miss Awesomeness - OT branding
- Typingweb.com for OT - free accounts
- Crazy eye make up...help kids with autism look you in the eye :)
- ► May (43)
- Evil Octopus OT Teamwork game in progress
- Norway haul...and OT rant
- More random Target/Party City ideas for OT
- Other OT ideas from Party City and Target
- Fly swatters + balloon = instant OT
- Eyeballs, gems, crayons, etc for OT
- I Spy In Your Clear Take out Container....BUGS and ALIENS...yay OT
- Frog poppers, Glow in dark aliens, wooly balls, finger skateboards, insects, OT
- Finger puppets for isolating fingers, OT
- OT, Kids, and Bugs = Perfect Combination
- Dollar Target Bins, OT dreams do come true...
- Finger Sports: Bowling, OT
- Pictionary, Tangoes, and Dot to Dot, for OT
- Squinkies for OT
- Star Wars and OT :)
- Squishy balls for OT
- Super Mario for OT...mostly bribery in this case
- Angry Birds, OT style :)
- Random OT tidbits...
- Random Occupational therapy Tidbits....
- what a lovely article
- Nearing end of OT school year
- Stroke Rehab, Jan Davis Fan Club
- Every day I'm O-T-ing... (every dayy I'm shuffffflinnnnggg)
- OT and Disability Rights
- Miss Karen is NOT an alligator. In case you needed clarification.
- Typing skills for children in OT
- Conference Flashback...Me, Erik Johnson aka Army OT Guy + Virtual OT Anita Hamilton...
- Preparing to write about AOTA conference stuff
- Word Search for Mother's Day
- Foot fidget in action :)
- First Strokes: Awesomeness
- OTJobLink: Hmm...
- Seamless Sensitivity Socks: SmartKnit KIDS, OT thoughts
- The Social Express: Applications for OT
- CRAZZZZZY radical OT ideas.....
- Gotta love Pinterest for OT
- Dear OT recruiters...
- How to make a million dollars in OT.....
- Daily Living Skills Worksheets: Product Review
- Insert random OT blog here
- Lava journal paper
- AOTA Conference in pictures
- ► April (13)
- AOTA conference was amaaazzzing
- Recent OT presentation
- Monster cake....
- Lava/worm/bee testimonial - OT Paper
- Handwriting games/vestibular work/OT in schools
- Fine Motor Coordination and Strengthening Ideas for Children Struggling with Handwriting: School OT
- OT randomness..aota conference coming up, OT in schools, etc
- Princess letters
- OT bone
- Preparing for AOTA conference presentation
- For OTs/SLPs...
- ► March (20)
- Why no, there are no birds in my hair...
- How to get an OT response plus some typical treatment...OT in schools
- Tower of bunnies for OT
- Rainbow tower
- Letter Y - OT, handwriting without tears, alphabet puzzle, etc
- Story cubes for OT work
- Alphabet game for OT handwriting
- OT surprise...I have no idea what this picture will include!!
- OT pictures/chat/ideas
- OT 1:30am update
- perceptual issues?
- OT stream of consciousness
- VMI in action
- Tower of Bunnies in OT action
- Tower of Bunnies by CVS found near Easter, great OT game
- OT returns
- ► February (9)
- ► January (3)
- ► December (16)
- ► 2011 (133)
- ► December (5)
- ► November (10)
- ► October (19)
- yikes - OT chaos
- Join us NOW
- OT4OT party time :)
- My birthday weekend!
- CIREC - an amazing rehab center in Bogota, Colombia
- Occupy AOTA?
- Pumpkin vs OT. Pumpkin wins.
- OTAC Conference and random OT stuff
- Going to the CA OT Association Conference this weekend!
- Can strainer and pipe cleaners - OT tip
- OT Tip- mechanical pencils
- Mini Connect 4 - OT Tip
- Monsters individualize fingers - OT tip
- Typical school OT day for me
- sparkle sparkle sparkle!
- I interrupt this OT announcement....
- ► September (11)
- ► August (2)
- ► July (20)
- Mind mapping OT competition :)
- Pinterest + OT ideas
- contracts/social story on what OT is
- Young people in nursing homes
- school OT crafts I want to try!
- old OT reminders
- OT rehab ideas
- Low Vision in Children
- Tips for NBCOT Exam
- HELP button, staples button hack
- Exerting too much pressure when writing...OT school ideas
- New OT blog
- Return to OT blog
- Some AWESOME men Rehab OT ideas from a good friend
- Prison settings and related populations (mental health)
- Q&A on OT
- A google search day in the life of an OT
- NY Times article on OT in schools
- Sensory processing disorder in Time Magazine
- OT books to read
- ► June (9)
- ► May (9)
- ► April (21)
- Busy busy busy IEP season for a school OT!
- Copying from the board, exerting too much pressure writing...OT ideas please
- Sooo many decisions to make for OT playtime :)
- Treating Private Patients in OT
- Nurse in haiti, part 2
- Blogging blizzard complete
- Job interview thought process
- OTs in Mental Health
- Matthew, a UK OT asks about Fieldwork placement...
- Tips to Incoming OT Students? Anything to add?
- Updated my sidebar with new (to me) OT blogs
- Nurse in Haiti
- SpongeBob washing + OT month in Times Square!
- I love OT, yes I do.....
- Fun & Function - SPD blogger network
- Tips from a school OT :)
- Will I ever be good enough? OT student Fears
- Great sensory article in OT Advance :)
- OT in Gifford's case
- OT PR!
- The social media article just came out!
- ► March (13)
- OT in schools
- AOTA Competition for Students
- I was clearly wrong
- alright, get OTely excited
- quick note on SillyBandz
- Other idea of day
- Working :)
- OT job
- Need your OT blog links! Updating my OT sidebar
- Some new blogs to check out from this link
- Oh the OT job interviews. :) Must be zen!
- A link about occupation in relation to the recent NZ Earthquake
- ► February (5)
- ► January (9)
- Should you go to conference as a new OT student? why, yes :)
- Finally, a CNN article with a mention of OT!
- OT Tonya talks about working in the school systems
- Mental Health Rotation in Occupational Therapy as a Fieldwork Student
- sweet comment and school OT stuff
- Slacking biggg time on the whole OT blogging :)
- Baby gorilla receives OT for developmental delays
- Any school OTs out there???
- OT recruiters?
- ► 2010 (63)
- ► December (4)
- ► November (5)
- ► October (1)
- ► September (5)
- ► August (3)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (7)
- ► May (10)
- Evidence-based practice, practitioner versus student, smack-down.
- Critical comments...ouchful yet necessary on my OT journey!!
- Pediatric day/SI day for OT!
- OT trying to eat healthy, lol
- Lester's back, wheelchair basketball done, OT coming up for the week, etc
- OT filled life
- Women's World Wheelchair Basketball Championships!!
- Great basic stroke videos made by Jan Davis :)
- Basic energy conservation for household management
- OT for massage?
- ► April (6)
- ► March (10)
- OT Challenges !
- Diversity in OT!
- PS a final time
- PS....Ot spam comments
- challenges galore as new OT :)
- Two new OT student blogs to keep an eye on :)
- How to Make Instant Grits in 40 Minutes
- Some days I'm an awesome OT, some days not so much...but it's all in my head
- Financial Aid Options for Future Occupational Therapists
- Post Polio Syndrome
- ► February (6)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2009 (228)
- ► December (3)
- ► November (7)
- ► October (7)
- ► September (19)
- First day shadowing outpatient...
- OT Advocacy
- OT student life....lo
- Life as an OTR/L is fun here in Warm Springs...
- OT schools similar, regardless of price?
- I'm not the only imposter syndrome poster child, haha
- OT blog blizzard temporarily complete
- i like this advice from a friend
- malaysian OTs too
- Claudia Allen...lol
- some manly OT ideas?
- Home Programs for OT
- OT Blog Comments
- Any Portuguese (sp) speaking OTs out there?
- a typical day as OT now...I need ideas.
- first week down
- Day 1 of being a paid employee!
- ► August (22)
- I looooove Warm Springs :)
- woot Pendretti
- OTs....angels?!! sometimes at least ;)
- hmmm wiping away the OT rust....
- OT connections
- there's no going back now!
- I'm in GA....
- Count down - two days left
- About to become a real occupational therapist :)
- Dum dum dum....IKEA
- Autism Conference - watch sessions online - incl. Temple Grandin.
- Lester or Human Resources?
- I'm an occupational therapist!!!!!!! Have I mentioned that lately.
- Are all OT schools the same in level of awesomeness or suckiness?
- Clarification on OT Connections :)
- Quote of the Day
- OT Connections, New and improved. :)
- this is sooo not worth reading, I promise my next post will be more worthy
- Random OT/life babble
- ► July (22)
- Functional Therapy instead of Occupational Therapy? :)
- Pediatric arthrogryposis...any ideas?
- Matthew Sanford - Adapting Yoga
- Megan's "Rate My Fieldwork" site
- My lovely baby Lester
- Oh noooooes
- Neuro-IFRAH questions anyone?
- Cool OTs make doctors happy...
- Creative stuff to use with higher level clients...
- HIPAA Therapy
- Moving to Warm Springs, GA area...
- Make a Wish...logistics when dealing with severe disabilities
- Still waiting...
- oopsie doopsie
- changes ahead
- Job searches..google searches...
- :O jobs
- job apps, job apps
- Interesting article in Canadian Journal of OT...
- san diego
- ► June (19)
- Mail mail mail
- am i still alive?
- Goals schmoals!
- Waiting waiting waiting...
- moving on...
- La la la
- About to send in another application to a very cool place...
- finally getting things done...
- GOALS FOR TOMORROW
- Good night...
- Warm Springs and books
- sadness...at least I learned a lesson
- Ouch x infinity
- Preparing for the NBCOT exam
- Beauty in unexpected places....
- So tiny-tiny you have to close your eyes to see it...
- Swirls of thoughts...waiting to hear from interview
- Interview on Friday...gearing up for it...
- I HAVE AN INTERVIEW ON FRIDAY FOR MY DREAM JOB
- ► May (17)
- I PASSED MY BOARDS - AND GRADUATED.
- Twitter or Study the night before boards: hmmm
- NBCOT Exam tomorrow.
- We've studied too much
- Quick note...
- Studying nonstop for a few more days
- OMG! This is so horrible, its hilarious
- I WILL PASS.........
- nightmares! real world too scary to face!!
- Study study study
- Happy Mother and/or Maternal Love Day
- Taking the exam on May 23rd....augh!!! Yay!! augh!! Yay!!
- Job Gods, do you hear me?
- Lester the Lion Kitty gets OT Feeding Intervention
- Job searches: overwhelming with a capital O
- TherapyEd.com's NBCOT review
- HELP WITH THE JOB HUNT???!!!
- ► April (17)
- Time to pound the limestone or hit the pavement or whatever
- What is an FAOTA? (Fellow)
- Flash to Monty Python's I'm not dead, I swear...
- Best compliment EVER
- Compliments, thoughts, ideas....
- Professional dress....my underwear always shows :(
- OT in the News!!
- Low Vision, OT Interventions in Home: SURVEY
- I got a $1,000 scholarship!!
- Volunteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeering...it all helps with OT indirectly!
- So random even a random word generator would explode
- Sooo tired.
- Doot doot doot...work application, graduation, exams....the real world beckons. GO AWAY REAL WORLD I AM SCARED OF YOU...
- OMG, I am INSANE
- Hmmmm...waiting to graduate.
- ► March (28)
- The end of fieldwork...
- One day of final fieldwork remaining....nine months over!!
- I'll get you, my pretty...
- I love you I love you I love you
- Four days left to go of my psychosocial OT Level II fieldwork...then DONE, baby
- Well ma'am, his arm strength looks fine
- almost done with fieldwork...
- The best moment of the day...
- Do I look like the kind of girl who carries a knife?
- 7 days left of occupational therapy fieldwork, but who is counting?
- Hmmm, nothing new
- WAIT! AM I DREAMING? IT GETS BETTER
- OT IN DEAR ABBY!!
- Two weeks left.
- popsicles, dancing, friends...and two weeks of final fieldwork left.
- Is it bad when the patients tell me I'm crazy? lol
- Yeah...time for bed.
- I'll probably regret sharing this but hey, humor is important and that's important to show in my professional development evaluation, so hmmm
- Burning songs...hmmm
- Ta da
- HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!
- The carnival is up!!! With an update
- Is it bad if me and my geriatric patients have the same underwear?
- Yay a psychiatrist thinks I'm good
- A chaotic day...
- The girl in the window
- ► February (30)
- warning, blog blizzard ahead, READING ADVISORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
- this only has to do with koalas
- Showers, assessments, blah blah blah
- Dancing down the hall
- A quiet day
- by the way, sorry...lol
- Hmmm...no good title springs to mind.
- Census down...
- Lester the Lion Kitty learns the LACLS
- Lester the Lion Kitty: Prairie dog at heart
- Centennial Vision Moment, Dum Dum Dum
- One last thing...
- Week 7, Day 3...
- Week 7, Day 2...over
- The Healthcare Cake
- Week SEVEN
- BLAH!!! BLAH!! BLAH!!!
- Week Six.
- RIP Orange Kitty
- my poor orange kitty in california has passed away
- And now, a moment of modesty...and by modesty I mean "bragging"
- Midterm week coming up...and I survived last Thursday....
- mini update
- Oh my gosh, please kill me
- A squirrel in the pants: I've got nothin'
- ► January (37)
- Showers and mental health = there IS a correlation
- where is everyone?
- Quasi proud moments
- groups, groups, groups
- An off day...end of week 3
- Only one more day of Week 3...
- 50 noodle boosters
- Um, no.........
- Week 3, Day 3 - Geriatric Inpatient
- Week 3, Day 2, Geriatric Inpatient Psych, Level II OT fieldwork
- "Sometimes I think I'm the Lord himself"
- About to start Week 3
- physical holds - HELP training
- yo!! yay!!!!!!!
- Day 7/60, Geriatric Mental Health, Level II OT fieldwork student
- New (to me) OT blog :)
- Week 1 down...day in a gero psych ward.
- OOOH! SEX QUESTION!
- Health promotion for OTs
- Check out otadvocacy.com! I c/ped her comment
- Day 4 of Geriatric OT Mental Health Level II Fieldwork
- 3 days down
- Day 2 of Gero Mental Health Fieldwork
- CPT, ACLS...assessing cognition
- First day of final fieldwork, overrrrrrrrr
- Last fieldwork starts tomorrow...
- ACLS video with Spanish captions!
- Dueling poems of fieldwork supervisor/student
- happy new year's!!
- ► 2008 (673)
- ► December (23)
- warning:blog blizzard ahead
- My last day in San Diego
- Modified Wilibarger for adults?
- Bedsore Epidemic
- Caregiver Role Strain
- Sometimes OT involves penises
- "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY RECOGNIZED AS A “BEST CAREER” BY U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT": AOTA press release
- Sarcasm finds medical use in dementia
- Days with my father
- Hedgehog - owner sounds like me
- paying to park in disabled??
- I should sooo work in psych.
- Using the OTPF for an evaluation
- AOTA Conference coming up in April...
- Body-swap illusions....
- Wear two gowns or show your butt
- This nurse didn't have any drops in the bucket
- aughh I still am a horrible horrible OT student blogger, hi google
- attention attention
- I'm not dead....(says the monty python parrot)
- ► November (29)
- La la la la
- "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY NAMED ONE OF NATION’S 150 BEST RECESSION-PROOF JOBS"
- funeral home
- End of week 8
- Stick a fork in this blog, it's done for the night
- Questions, comments, etc...
- Random day....Week 8, Day 2....
- Totally not related to OT but yayayayaya
- sooo tired
- Victory in Vomit...proprioception in a video game
- Attack of the dogs. Then work. Then play. Then jack and jill went up a hill. Or something. I don't know.
- Poo and compassion, uniquely combined
- Donning/doffing socks: miracles
- Good night finally
- Fellow OT student...
- Living in a nursing home as a younger disabled man
- Hands Away
- shout-out to an anonymous commenter
- ACLS new version???
- pushing patients, fibromyalgia
- New NBCOT exam information for us 2009ers and beyond
- My life as Miss OTPF is over...devastation
- sooo sleeeeepy
- Things you never expected...
- ooh sorry my OT peeps
- ► October (45)
- Ummmmm no title
- i can do this
- Tonight's drama
- Go to Conclave.
- OT stuff eventually
- Not so great a day
- A very happy birthday, including the OT realm :)
- One more off-topic post of Lester the Lion Kitty Goodness
- OMG OMG OMG OMG AGAIN SOME MORE
- OMG LESTER MADE IT TO THE BIG TIME OMG
- You need Ritalin to read this post, warning
- Start of Week FOUR of Phys Dys Level II OT Student rotation.. wow. One month in.
- Your eyes will burn in pain at the true ugliness that is my Sumo drawings
- Introducing the OT mascot: Mr Snail
- A weekend ending in hope
- Posey vest
- SEROTONIN! INFUSE ME!
- A pretty good day....about to finish up Week 3
- Live chat for Students
- Hands Away
- A productive day...saw my first patients ALONE
- Mother warrior - the OT shout-out is nonexistent though
- Call for papers on disability studies
- One last augh for the night
- Canned text can be helpful at times
- Hmmm...preventable issues
- Week 3/12 of Phys Dys Level II rotation starts tomorrow....
- His eight? My three.
- "If I had known you were coming, I would have baked a cake..."
- A few hours of wasted time, yet increased sanity
- So..phys dys is stressing me out
- Random tidbits
- Week 2 of Phys Dys rotation....
- la la la prep work
- Seasonal feelings + start of week 2
- Oh PS
- Line of the day
- Day 3 of 2nd rotation - Level II OT student, physical dysfunction
- Day 2 of 2nd rotation - Level II OT student, physical dysfunction
- ► September (65)
- Day 1 of 2nd rotation - Level II OT student, physical dysfunction
- Random post from stuff gotten from e-mails
- loneliness and volunteerism...apparently a link
- Yay first day not so bad
- Yay slightly less stress, still scared
- Yay! I am going to be a bridesmaid!
- Mini immediate update
- My phys dys rotation starts tomorrow and I'm freaking out
- Oooh almost done with week off
- Kristina is doing well....was at two peds hospitals...
- Chicken butts are the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE
- Pray for my twin sister having ACL reconstruction surgery tomorrow morning
- I AM SO SCARED OF MY UPCOMING PHYSICAL DYSFUNCTION LEVEL II FIELDWORK ::CRIES::
- LASER TONGS! MINI PORCUPINE BALL GUYS! DOES IT GET ANY BETTER? I think not.
- 100% Off-topic: I love Lester the Lion Kitty
- Ok good night....oh yeah labcoats
- Holding babies today...
- OTS Brooke is back in town...
- MY FIRST LEVEL II FIELDWORK ROTATION IS COMPLETE
- Very stressful day...
- Treatment stuff...
- No, not at all m
- The final week 12, Day 3....
- good night
- Team in Training...help my good friend out :)
- Meet my new best friend, let's call her JellyBean. She has a question about Conclave
- hmmm old lady games
- I needs me some energizing vibes
- YAY two articles done
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, quick and easy
- Last of randomness
- Temple Grandin/Public Radio/occupational therapists
- More interesting links...
- ...and your handwriting is a tangle
- Awesome goodbye party
- Smooth day...caramelloooooo
- Evacuation of people with special needs in disasters: new campaign?
- Two last things, and a cookie
- Week 11, Day 4, Not so bad!
- One happy note
- Week 11, Day 3, Still Having a Sucky Week
- NOT A COOL DAY AT ALL
- Lester the Lion Kitty Gets Groomed Very Poorly :(
- Week 11, Day 1, Down the Drain, Thank Goodnessye
- Article in local newsletter re: Feeding group for picky eaters - partially run by OT - at local hospital
- good night for reals
- Week 10, Day 5, of Pediatric Level II Fieldwork
- Hmm boo
- Jungle themed frustration :) With child yoga!
- Week 10, Day 4, of Pediatric Fieldwork Rotation
- Beauty does come from within!!! My random thought of the day
- Hard day of kids
- Help a sad OTA out...advice needed
- OT Represents....at the 2008 Dem/Repub Conventions
- Good day...sleeeeepy
- TL;DR - sorry in advance
- ooh a long day coming up on little sleep
- Fun day
- One last thing
- Labor Dayyy
- ► August (110)
- Have a good holiday weekend
- A swim at the pool for everyone
- YAY For (official) OT Becca!!!!!!!!!!!
- OT in Public Schools Blog :)
- Lester the Lion Kitty: Love at First Vomit
- Networking, weekend goals, etc...
- Challenging Geriatric Behaviors, PESI workshop with CEUs offered
- BloggingOT ...new blog
- A pretty good sensory day
- OT Blog Pics, Time Warp
- OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG LESTER THE LION KITTY MADE UGLY OVERLOAD TODAY
- Lester the Lion Kitty Goes Wild
- The Timer Method YAY
- How sucky can a day get, let's count the ways.
- Experience counts for a lot...
- online social community: perfect example
- lester the lion kitty likes to vomit too
- aughhhh today involved sore throats and tow trucks :(
- My day...not boring to me but probably boring to read
- Good news: articles submitted. Bad news: It's 4am and I have to be up in 3 hours.
- And now to continue my horrific procrastination and stay up all night
- Bubba the Bear Has Kissing OCD
- crack + men = meaningful activity --> OT treatment activity?!
- Good night
- Ain't never gonna be a baby again
- Pediatric OT box
- A long day...could have been a lot worse though :)
- What was the second one again?
- This is what I deal with daily.
- AHAHAHAHAHAA of the day
- Good day today...
- Lester is loved by the world
- Simmering down now....
- good nighttt
- Stats are in, drama is out? Or not...lol
- My feelings are getting hurt left and right!!
- Visuomotor skills, great links
- The CPS Volley
- Smooth day...wait it was rather crazy.....oh well, still smooth by my new standards :)
- OT Student Friend Enlightens us in 3 Different Ways
- Lions and tigers and bears and mostly just a desire for sleep
- in the last 20 minutes...
- Highlights and lowlights of Week 8 Day 1 of Pediatric OT fieldwork
- Apply for a scholarship as an established OT student....
- Lester the Lion Kitty 1 minute Video in which he wears a tutu and then beats me up
- I could kill that lady...
- How to Determine if You Should Go Into OT or PT School
- Monday Monday Song In My Head
- 2 mini OT stories, 1 mini PT story, and a pear in a pine tree or however that song goes
- Monday Monday...Week 8 of 12 begins.
- Weekend plans plus an inflammation of the blogging larynx
- Linda the Landlord Verbally Slams Lester the Lion Kitty
- Lester the Lion Kitty is AWESOME
- yay low vision rehab seminar for children
- Teeth brushing sensory issues... a new experience
- la la la la la la la la la la....the energizer bunny has deenervated
- Stop wearing ties to work and help fight infection
- Any neuro-IFRAH people out there?
- Calling out my COTA peeps
- OT Student Genessa talks about work with refugees on fieldwork
- yayyy for AOTA with Grip and Grin
- Last accidentally-caffeinated post of the night....340am and I'm peace-ing out. I hope.
- Yay I have a review!!!
- Yay RehabCare loves OTs
- Yep I am catching up on blogs
- Oh my gosh, all these OT awesome blogs I didn't know about
- Awesome products - guess who can't sleep
- Asheville NC and Psychosocial OT....
- A bizarre day of crying. Not by me though.
- Oooh somebody TIVO this
- Are OTs medical quacks? Ha ha ha...I crack me up.........
- Helping share
- Week Seven :)
- The Book of Job exists for a reason
- have a goood dayyyyyyyyyyy
- Week Seven starts okay...
- Random random random ....and no I'm not on drugs, I just sound like I am ;)
- LESTER THE LION KITTY, MORNING ONE!!
- Just finished first half of my first rotation...holy cow what is that NOISE my cat is making it sounds like a goose
- Introducing Lester the Lion Kitty....live in video
- la la la la sleep time - tomorrow marks end of week six, HALFWAY through first rotation already
- And now for...okay, yeah, me.
- Had a way awesomer day
- Please sir, may I have some more.... occupational therapy?
- DAILY ACTIVITIES ARE OCCUPATIONS WOOT WOOT
- This makes me feel better....vibration mysteries
- Week Six, Midterm Week, Starts off With a Big Giant Kabloeey of Hideousness
- Raise your hand if you had the worst day EVER
- Start of week six!! MIDTERM week!!!! Halfway throughf irst rotation!!!
- Thinking outside the OT box for the weekend ;)
- c is for cookies
- Come to a Low vision Rehab in Children free seminar
- Let's see if this shows up....how people find me...hmmm japanese porn??? lol
- La La la ...and I'm spent.
- ha ha ha hooo
- Osteoporosis conondrum
- More comments
- End of Week 5 of OT Level II fieldwork, peds placement
- Best way to recruit for COTAs?
- I don't know anything about this...
- OT comments
- augh paperwork
- Introducing blurry Lester the Lion Kitty
- Week 5, Day Four, Peds OT Placement :) Extra boring rambles lol with no editing I'm too lazy tonight
- ► July (71)
- Introducing Lester the Lion Kitty
- Today's inappropriate quote of the day
- One last blog shout-out for the night....going to sleep!
- Yay fieldwork
- Week 5 Day 2 of Occupational Therapy Pediatric Fieldwork Placement
- October - TOTA Conference in Dickson, Tennessee
- DON'T THROW THAT AT MY MOTHER'S HYSTERECTOMY: Week 5 has begun
- Recipes for things like dough and fingerpaint :)
- good night im falling apart augh
- this is my life, some days
- Okay Thursday is over phew
- Awwww Baby Mooses in a Sprinkler
- Some random tidbits and now for my journal
- And now for a completely un OT related post...
- la la la la la sorry this isn't real yet
- Tummyyyy-time...ok so I'm spent + 1. Now I'm seriously done.
- And I'm spent.
- Another OT letter...any helpers?
- PT-OT rivalry confirmed ;)
- I don't want to be sued... a direct quote from AOTA 1 minute update...YAYm
- Another blog to check out...
- Quick Reference Guide
- wheelchair prescription forms?
- Kim has some good ideas for items....
- Mark wants to know more...
- Advice on free stuff - freecycle
- why my head is big
- More feedback
- Time to clean out e-mail box....
- La la la
- Phew getting through the day
- La la la
- Pictures belooowwwww
- Picture time - OT peds fieldwork
- Occupational Therapy Treatment collage
- Some random OT comments because I can't help myself...don't worry I'm almost done.
- Thursday and Friday, July 17th/18th, Week 3 Day 4/5 of Pediatric Fieldwork Level II Occupational Therapy Placement
- Wednesday, 7/l6, Week 3, Day 3, Pediatric Level II Placement
- Catch up time.
- good night
- Oh man oh man
- ooooh wednesday
- Week 3, Day 2, Pediatric Fieldwork, my first day of AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
- Week 3, Day 1, Pediatric Level II Fieldwork Placement, Occupational Therapy Student, BABY!
- These are the letters that make OT worth it :)
- Woot woot
- Gearing up for Week 3....
- 50,000 page views later
- Week 2, Day 4
- Sybil = occupational therapist.
- Pre Week 2 Day 4 Thoughts
- Week 2, Day 3, OT Pediatric Level II fieldwork placement
- And this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way to occupational therapy
- Week 2, Day 2, Peds Level II fieldwork
- Start of Week 2 of Pediatric Level II fieldwork
- And now for my impression of ADHD
- Brain tumors make fieldwork suck
- Icky Saturday, hopefully a better Sunday
- End of first week of Level II fieldwork....phew
- Day 3 of Pediatric Level II Fieldwork Completed. Including a home visit, my first :)
- Boy with amputation plays baseball :)
- Letter reversals - tips from PediaStaff
- Food for Thought, written by "Cookie Gimp"
- Slow morning
- Day 1 of first Level II fieldwork - Pediatrics - Post-day!
- ► June (48)
- Day 1 of first Level II fieldwork - Pediatrics - morning pre-start - aughhh
- TOMORROW IS MY FIRST LEVEL II FIELDWORK - PEDIATRIC SPECIALTY - AUGHHHHHH
- i start fieldwork tomorrow...augh
- OT and POW!
- Boring boring boring boring boring.... FIELDWORK AUGH
- Scratch that. Let's try this. TagCrowd.
- My Web 2.0/OT Wordle That I Don't Know How to Save :O Oh wait Maybe I do watch this Yo
- Disability/diversity/headed back home
- Therapy Caps Set to Expire June 30, Contact Your Members of Congress Today
- We're famous, but probably deja vu famous only
- Yay for occupational therapists
- A comment on Second Life :)
- Ms Wheelchair Tennessee :)
- Singing Elmo goodnight
- Elder Porn in Japan...not USA?
- Just my plans, nothing exciting....well except for something I won't share yet lol
- Online OT community and M&Ms
- itunes = good OT
- Update on CE article in OT Practice
- ACLS youtube video
- tiny update
- LAST CALL FOR AOTA CONFERENCE PAPERS!
- A rooster named Karen
- All is well on the OT front? Almost ....
- lonely people
- Bed Bath and Beyond...a good place for grandma's care items
- San Diego Vacation time....
- I flower like a crustacean?
- Time to save brain cells
- The MOT 2 Class Ends ....Didactically ::cries::
- AOTA fills my bribed heart with joy...kidding...I don't even get free pens (except at conference)
- Surprise surprise
- Oh. My. GOD.
- Memorable moments for Carol, MOT I student...lol ok good night now
- Is not so grate acshually...
- I'm at the brink of AOTA meltdown...:::totters:::
- Kids with food allergies
- Urinary incontinence isn't just for doctors to treat...
- Fun and Function
- Two pediatric OT (vaguely) random stories!!
- Student comments re OT that made me laugh and/or are awesome......
- Second Life for "Gimps"
- Blogs, listservs, YouTube, OT -related, yay OT, OT is awesome, OT is neat-o
- Rah rah sis boom bah
- ► May (43)
- Hitting people....ahahaahahaha
- Just words flowing out my distal PIP joints....or sumtin'
- I'm still alive
- the norwegians are coming, the norwegians are coming....
- Research + classes ending = margaritas
- OT Quote of the Day
- nothing to see, nothing to see
- A very packed yet not OT-y Saturday
- And one final completely random thought for the night.
- Tai Chi Cha Cha Cha
- Professional Development Evaluations
- Wow. Emo Occupational Therapist Student, anyone?
- caffeine induced insomnia
- Note to self: Caffeine is evil.
- If I were a martian with a bar I'd have a drink called martian mellows and I'd be famous...ot students shouldn't write blog entries at 1am
- Non sequiturs are my middle spoon
- Random OT-related images
- Amy Grant....
- Some random e-mail things to share
- Lennys help you forgot your troubles...lol a few more airplane pictures coming up
- Places to see and people to visit or something
- Oopsies...better get started
- Part 3: The conclusion of the Triennial Memphis drill. Anyone else with pictures please send!
- Part 2: FAA-mandated Triennial drill....Memphis simulated airplane crash
- More triennial drill pics....
- Emergency plane crash drill Part 1....
- Soporific somnolence surly satiation I dunno this post is randomly boring
- Charlie, which way to Candy Mountain? PONY PROSTHESIS!
- Emergency Drill coming augh!!!
- Two awesome Internet videos
- OT RAP for OT month
- New and Improved, Shorter, Miss OTPF Pageant
- Babies babies babies...
- Low Vision Lab 2
- Low Vision Lab 1
- I don't know why
- Completely random brambles that make heads explode
- Volunteering at the Alzheimers Day Center
- Random homework protocol
- Karen CARES!
- Most of them are in jail now...
- ► April (44)
- Ramble bramble briar rose
- Miss OTPF 2008 is HERE!
- Vestibular book - the Brain that Changes Itself
- Airport drill...
- Article:Cuddling helps preemies bear pain
- Linkages linkages...
- Yay I passed my fake boards
- OTPF Pageant time....in time for OT Month
- Post 5: PEOPLE and EVENTS and I AM DONE
- Post 4: NeuroCom, how I adore thee...or at least your staff.
- 3: AOTA ..Friday..Senior Member Salon, Expo, Presidential Address...
- Post 2: AOTA Conference Keynote speaker and Posters
- Some neat articles...
- Going to AOTA Conference Post 1 out of A Bazillion to Come
- Holding babies on a Sunday morning....
- Ummmmm its 2am so this is going to be random
- I'm an OT media slacker :(
- Commodes/raised toilet seats/shower seats...
- Society for Disability Studies Conference....
- A few random housekeeping things from e-mail cleaning...as Rosemary would say
- The End
- went crying Wii Wii Wii all the way home
- Music Within....
- Tired. Oh so tired. Conference was fun though. More later.
- ASD meetings begin
- Yay for 3 hours of sleep before conference
- AOTA Conference
- Ummmmmmmmmmm I'm finally going to bed
- You're Not You
- Ummm comments I need help with?
- 58th is better than 59th...
- update on my aughness
- Final day of fieldwork :)
- Oooooooooh goodness gracious today will be an occupational dooozy
- Poker chips....
- B I N G O
- Day 8 and 9 of 10 as a Level I geriatric fieldwork
- Good night...
- Level I geriatric fieldwork adventures continue
- My second and final week of Level I geriatric fieldwork begins...
- ► March (64)
- Naughty Auties....
- Cookie Gimp always has good points. Points like chocolate chip points. I need chocolate.
- Down Syndrome + Plastic Surgery?
- Waywards Alzheimer patients...
- Appalachian dulcimers for autistic children?
- Where is the Mango Princess?
- Rett syndrome...
- Week 1 of my geriatric level I fieldwork COMPLETED
- Day 4/10 of Geriatric Level I Fieldwork in an Alzheimer's Day Center
- Small world, small world
- Quote of the day...
- Day 3/10 of Geriatric Level I Fieldwork in an Alzheimer's Day Center
- Day 2/10 of Geriatric Level I Fieldwork in an Alzheimer's Day Center
- Day 1/10 of Geriatric Level I Fieldwork in an Alzheimer's Day Center
- Projects aplenty for an OT student...
- Congratulations My! You're a real OT now!!
- Books for OT students yay....
- Bingo in 5th grade, Bingo in 50th grade...
- Get Excited...AOTA Conference Coming Up ...
- Wellness project for Little People
- Oh dearest blog...
- Yay glorious books to make me a better OT some day
- Acute care...critical values...etc
- Therapeutic Media Lab Marathon....
- Memory collages for geriatric groups...
- Hospice is a wonderful option for the terminally ill....
- First, a few random pictures.
- Show restraint when using restraints...
- Critical values and norms...
- RehabCare can be awesome...
- Test of Visual Perceptual Skills (non-motor Revised (TVPS-R)..a mystery for you all
- VARK. Not an aardvark, just a learning style...
- War and craft....OT can be manly
- Wear tinfoil while you read this so your IQ doesn't drop...
- La la la
- Don't we all need a playground?
- OT school breaks my heart. Well not really.
- ADVANCE articles + empty OT blog promises...
- Still Giving Kisses....OT Barbara Smith's book on dealing with Alzheimer's after experience with her mother
- Autism Speaks Video
- Random OTS pictures to whet the OT appetite.
- Toaster strudels...an OT's best friend
- Yay we make lots of money. To give away to poor orphans in Ethiopia that is...
- It's Picture Monday...MOT 1 students study....
- Please, cookies
- The rarity of snow....
- Management course project on going from just neuro to ortho too...
- Don't be inappropriate. In other words, don't be like me...
- Activeforever.com....seriously. Forever.
- Do you think food would taste better if you were blind?
- Gerontology OTs will hopefully flood us with wisdom soon...
- Autism from an autistic perspective...plus OT blogging inspiration
- AUGH I SLID ON ICE AUGH BUT IM STILL ALIVE AND I HELD BABIES
- Don't read this if you want to remain sane
- No snow day for OT students ::sobs:::
- Asbestos are my favorite play medium in OT...
- Retrogenesis from an OTS perspective...
- This post is really too random to have a title but it does say OT occasionally
- Cookies are evil and so are timers and finals....
- Randommmmmmmmmm ot student life
- Management final approaching....aughh
- MY OT STUDENT BLOG IS BACK IN FAVOR WITH THE GOOGLEYMASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE...YES YES YES YES YES YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY
- The couple in the diner...
- ► February (55)
- MIFA in Memphis...Allison and I are done.
- Pediatric occupational therapy treatment project by Julie
- Hush little baby don't you cry!!! Mamma ain't buying you nothing so here's a new lullaby...
- WILL THE OTS MADNESS EVER STOP!!!
- Ok I am back and OT minded
- No good very bad horrible day!
- Infants - proper handling by OT students
- My self-eval for management
- Healthcare Disparities Symposium in Philadelphia
- When do elders become worthless? Ever?
- OT student learns some neat stuff...dementia
- OT student life = homework on weekends. At least it's not rocket science homework.
- OT students and meals on wheels experiences with MIFA.
- Vandy has an awesome peds rehab place opening up...
- Bad news, good news...OT student blither-blather
- OT student M&M addiction, thought-provoking comments, and music as a therapeutic language....yeah I don't know how to NOT be random. Or concise.
- My um, OT student schedule for this week. Yeah. Exciting...
- Frame of Reference Joke that will make you nauseated
- OT in mortal danger? Augh!!
- Remember your OT manners: Allison, Guest Blogger
- The googley monsters have banished me :(
- Taking Play seriously - relates to OT
- Smaller keyboards for smaller people...
- Murderball and Rory O'Shea....OT movie night
- Rheumatoid arthritis and occupational therapy plus PS's
- PS: OT is not catty
- I'm not narcissistic, I just love myself an awful lot...lol just kidding
- OT narcissism?
- Holding babies...ruining puppies...random rambles
- Medicare makes me want to vomit...
- my MIFA (generic meals on wheels experience)....elderly.
- Rubber band and garbanzo beans = OT? Yep.
- Vote in my voting poll
- Breaking News Update: Dog gang terrorizing my neighborhood - OTS to the rescue
- Meals on Wheels!
- Stroll down Occupational Therapy Memory Lane...
- You know you've been in OT school too long when...episode #7923748392
- Random reader tidbits I've been saving up!! Thanks!!
- Visitability, Legos, Sexuality, and ACOTE...can it get any better in one OT post?
- Traumatic brain injury survivor becomes master's level rehab counselor - a 2nd chance to live
- Easy way to increase post size....
- Botox for CP - children deaths?
- Therapeutic Cooking Experience Part 3..OTs rock
- Therapeutic Cooking Experience Part 2..OTs rock
- Therapeutic Cooking Experience Part 1...OTs rock
- No more tornadoes...just an OT dept midterm. Just as scary...? ;)
- Tornados trump my OT/disability/cooking post...
- So excited about OT Practice...yayyyyyyyyy
- Tomorrow OT Practice comes out....yayayayay with my OTS article....
- Therapeutic media...cooking activity...occupational therapy...
- Day hasn't started as planned...gotta get crackalackin on OT work
- It's an OT-filled weekend of ...well not really....
- Postsecrets & mental health & occupational therapy Part II
- Postsecrets & mental health & occupational therapy Part I
- US Dept of Labor - Statistics on Occupational Therapists
- ► January (76)
- My OT skills were wasted today, but at least I had fun.
- Bladders, Bowels, Sexuality...Geriatric OT Marvels
- An ombudsman in long-term care talks to us in OT class...
- Geriatrics, occupational therapy....gerontology...la la la
- Photo cards and use in occupational therapy...
- Somewhat random somewhat OT-related, yes I'm procrastiningating, pictures
- The studying days....are upon us OT students.
- Occupational therapy students learn about splinting...from the infamous Julie
- Awww!!! My MOT class is amazing and I have proof!
- Nobody...knows....the pain.....
- OT....that's it, I've run out of titles.
- Double amputee walks again due to Bluetooth
- And we thought we had it bad...
- Bowel, bladder, and sexuality in the elderly. Wow.
- My rainbow scrub challenge to MOT Class of 2010
- My most random OT post ever. Don't even bother reading it, it will make your head hurt and waste valuable minutes of your life.
- MOT Class of 2010 pics!
- OT Ghost Busters...still vote for u :)
- Got to hold babies today...yay for occupational therapy
- Occupations of Elders...last post of the night, I almost promise
- Monkey versus Robot & Caregiver Burden
- Speech therapy and feeding...geriatrics...occupational therapy...
- Random OT student day update...
- Even the video engineers love OT students...
- Celia - play therapy - my reason for being in OT school
- Occupational therapy treatment project by Kerri
- Disability Blog Carnival catches my OT eye
- Rolling: Go watch it - perspective from people using wheelchairs
- Karen and Brooke are soooo excited about OT student life
- MOT Class of 2010
- You know you're tired when...
- Monkey vs robot will have to wait another day...OT school beckons :(
- Mother of child with autism talks about her experience with occupational therapy...
- The aliens want OT
- Ha, in your face, other professions...occupational therapy rules.
- The OT world loves Brooke & Karen. So does Andy Warhol.
- Rebuilding Together...OT students + home modification
- Finally...an update...gerontology continues.
- Occupational Therapists Kick Some New York Times Bootie :)
- Hola, occupational therapy students... Yo soy Karen...no me gusta Muzzy...
- AGING IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS CAN HELP!!
- Quality of Life versus Safety?
- Gerontological Gem #483320
- I'm totally flunking OT school when it comes to common sense
- This OTS is pondering. And now sleeping.
- Occupational therapy students have different tastes...
- OT thoughts on making a bed?
- Holding babies...a future occupational therapist
- Occupational Therapy Gerontological Gems #929191
- Forbes betrays OTs everywhere...
- Check up on "Mobility and the Quadriplegic Child" over at Ryn Tales...great post
- You know you've been in OT school too long when...episode #2091
- Young at heart...OT gerontological gems coming soon
- Turn your cell phones off in OT class...lol
- I just graduated OT school...psyche
- Views on OT students from person using OT services
- OT Reader catch-up w/ websites and or OT bloggy stuff
- Tai Chi, Tai Chi, Tai Chi...OT, OT, OT
- Nexair: Exploding into the future...poor OTS Brooke
- 20,000 page views...you love me, you really love me ::weeps:::
- Gerontological Gems & Tornadoes & Social Participation: OT-related!! Well except for the tornado part
- My random OTish post of the day
- OT definitions make OT students cry
- Augh! Explosion at UT! Drama yo!
- Part 2 of our 1st few days of OT school...with OT pictures!! Ooh!
- Our first few days of OT school...with OT pictures!! Ooh!
- OT-related reader mail catch-up!!
- Random assortment of pictures from the last week...
- Occupational therapy OT OTS occupational therapy student OH PLEASE GOOGLE READ ME
- You know you want to join AOTA!
- MOHO taters
- We are officially back to class...MOT Class of 2009, baby.
- MOT Class of 2010 starts today! Awww their new faces...
- I'm an angry passionary about OT right now
- ► December (23)
- ► 2007 (320)
- ► December (42)
- Removing architectural and attitudinal barriers!
- Prep courses for NBCOT Exam
- Yay! No certification needed for OTs doing specialty wheelchair evals!
- Environmental modification & OT & Levers
- My OT life is OVER!! OVER I TELL YOU!!
- Pictures from the trip..OT class starts soon...
- Random Pictures Part 2
- Random pictures Part 1
- Happy Holidays...
- Merry Christmas Eve ...
- Thank my sister for my crushed OT identity...
- Don't fall down!! OT Neuro Lab
- Pre-Happy Holidays
- Occupational Therapy School Withdrawal?
- Pumpkin muffins and Spanish. There is no relation.
- The Centennial Vision EXPLODES
- OT is NOT just walking up and down the halls...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Leadership comes in many forms...
- A pseudo developmental profile on Chase, Super Hero 2.5 year old...
- E-mail amnesty...
- OT Tips from an amazing Preschool Special Ed Teacher...
- Oh-Tee Makes Me Hap-Ee
- More points from the "Cookie Gimp"
- Cookie Gimp" says...learn more about Disability Activists
- i am still alive
- Books galore...interest in the life of others
- Professional Development Evaluations...it's all over!
- The Kitchen Sink Frame of Reference & Other Random Resources
- The Recycling Occupational Therapist
- PLEASE SEND ME MATERIAL!
- Review of "Ordinary Miracles"...
- edhelper.com a great free site...
- You know you've been in OT School too long when...
- Occupational Therapy Students Talk About Gingerbread Houses
- Gingerbread Houses
- How Not to Spend The Night Before Professional Development Evaluations for OT School
- Tomorrow.........Frames of Reference
- Gingerbread houses and PDE are TOMORROW!
- Occupational profiles...I can't stop myself
- Pediatric occupational therapy treatment project by OT Student Anna
- Occupational therapy with sick babies?!
- Professional Development Evaluations....make it stoppppppppppp
- ► November (60)
- Treatment Projects for Pediatrics Lab in OT school!
- A bad day became a good day...
- neurological aspects of occupational performance final tomorrow!
- Today....oh today....occupational therapy labs galore...
- My OT blog blitz is complete
- Advance for OT Practitioners: Check it out
- Rehab consumer vs Occupational Therapist: Show-down
- OT Identity: Ramblings
- Tips from NBCOT/AOTA Conclave for OT students Part 1
- Tips from NBCOT/AOTA Conclave for OT students
- Conclave shout-outs to my fellow OT peeps...I'm so 2000.
- My OT blog goals for the night.
- Brevity is the soul of occupational therapy wit.
- Muffins for OT...Treatment projects....rain....did I mention OT....
- What is in YOUR OT toolbox?
- My S.I. board game and other events...
- Cognitive Performance Test - Assessment for OTs
- Happy Thanksgiving
- AOTA/NBCOT Student Conclave...poorest edited movie EVER
- I'm home from OT Student Conclave
- Updates from Pittsburgh!
- Guess who is stuck in Pittsburgh???
- Saturday, November 17th, AOTA/NBCOT National Student Conclave, in Pittsburgh, PA
- I AM IN PITTSBURGH!!!!!! STUDENT CONCLAVE!!!
- Allens Cognitive Level Screen - lab for Occupational Therapy Students
- Brain Train - Technique for OT Students
- Prosthetic Lab for OT Students
- Sensory Integration Lab for Occupational Therapy Students
- P R O D U C T I V I T Y S P E L L S Y A Y
- Sometimes the irony hurts....
- Chicken Soup for the Occupational Therapy Soul
- "The Occupational Therapy Address" by Abraotham Lincotln
- Rehab hospital from a consumer perspective...
- OT isn't perfect, but nothing is!
- An EASY Day in the life of an OT Student
- A Day in the Life of a Singapore OT Student
- SOAP Notes, Frames of Reference, Treatment approaches...aughhhh
- Student Conclave in PA this weekend!
- Version 1 of ACL
- Amputation Lab, Sensory Integration Lab, Allen's Cognitive Levels, Brain Train Video
- AUGH! Google video is messing up!
- Sensory Integration Lab & ALCS Videos are UP!
- Visual perceptual skills: do you have them?
- Sensory Integration/Sensory Re-Ed Teaser
- Amputee Lab - Occupational Therapy Students
- The good news and the bad news...
- "You conestacker!!"
- AUGH ALLEN'S COGNITIVE LEVELS LEATHER LACING STUFF AUGH
- The Centennial Vision
- Oh my first OT blog landmark!! Yay!!
- I love Special Care babies! I wanna be a SCU OT!
- Orientation for Incoming OT Students
- Friday Night Occupational Therapy Student Social at Bigfoot Lodge
- MOT Class of 2009 Slide show of Semester 2
- Minnesota Rate of Manipulation - Normal, Blind, and our own state versions
- I am so tired...
- Happy Occupational Therapy Belated Halloween.
- Today, we had cross-state yoga.
- Handwriting for Occupational Therapists (OTs) - development, assessment, treatment
- Visual-perception, LOTCA, Scorable, Minnesota Rate of Manipulation...occupational therapy labs galore
- ► October (42)
- Brain Train, Minnesota Rate of Manipulation, and a Good Day
- Clients & body fluids
- A hodgepodge of random insanity
- Handwriting - how an occupational therapist can help
- I am not a rote-ational therapist, I AM AN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST!!! (student)
- I repeat: AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
- A long day! Not much else to say!
- OT is all about the duct tape...
- Update: AUGH!
- My cortical systems are failing me
- Happy Birthday to Me! And my twin! Happy Birthday Dear Future Occupational Therapist...
- Someone. Is. Going. To. Die. Miss. OTPF. Is. Going. To Go. Postal.
- How to pack for a stay in a rehabilitation hospital
- Final day of Adult Physical Dysfunction Level I Occupational Therapy Fieldwork!
- The Ultimate Irony - with an update
- Medicare Therapists
- Day 9/10 of Adult Physical Dysfunction Level I Occupational Therapy Fieldwork!
- Day 8/10 of Adult Physical Dysfunction Level I Occupational Therapy Fieldwork!
- Days 6 and 7 of Adult Phys Dys Level I Fieldwork in Occupational Therapy
- TOTA Conference 2007
- I half-won a TOTA scholarship!!!
- Day 5 of Phys Dys Level I OT Fieldwork + TOTA
- Day 4/10 of Adult Phys Dys Level I Fieldwork
- Day 3/10 of Adult Phys Dys Level I Fieldwork
- Level 1 Fieldwork Adult Phys Dys Day 2!
- AOTA, AOTPAC, _OT Associations....jklmnopqrst
- Laundry lists: Yay or nay?
- My first day of my OT Level 1 Fieldwork in Adult Phys Dys
- OT Superheroes take over the world!!
- Occupational Therapist Student = Tree Killer
- Sounds like...you need an OT (sings)
- Augh!!! Augh!! Augh!!
- Occupational voyeurism and LOVE
- And then I poke a goniometer in his eyeball...
- Laundry list of occupational therapy student tasks
- Three steps to kinesiotaping failure
- I'm famous, for real this time...
- Thermal Modalities Course for Occupational Therapists - pics
- Crayon Nibbles - Crayons for Little Hands
- Severe Suffering of Occupational Atrophy Disorder (OAD)
- ► September (48)
- Occupational therapy blogging neglect
- Thermal Modalities for Occupational Therapists/Students
- When OT students get together...
- Just call me OT Student Debbie Downer
- Forget balance, I am STRESSED!!! MAKE EVERYONE STOP CRYING!
- The Balance of Occupations
- CHAKRA POWER BY OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY STUDENT MEG
- Occupational therapy blog teasers
- Therapeutic Handling Lab Part II
- The Valpar Component Work Sample 7: Multi-Level Sorting.
- Augmentative Communication/Adaptive Technology Lab
- Neuro, Destressing, lions and tigers and bears
- Therapeutic Handling Occupational Therapy Lab Demonstration
- Backpack Awareness Day
- Quilting Lab
- Therapeutic Handling Lab
- Heart Walk 2007
- Wooie, too much stuff is going on
- Don't cry for me Argentina/Occupational Therapy Students
- Biometrics Lab - Biofeedback
- Yay! Yay! Yay!
- The story of my occupationally not so therapeutic weekend
- Hoyer Lift Help?
- Lab Paradise! Biometrics and AAC left to describe.
- Feeding Lab, based on SOS protocol + other feeding programs
- Origami Boxes - Media Lab
- Reiki & Chakra Bear- Intro for Occupational Therapy Students
- Binder Overload - OT Students Bewarned
- Kinesiotaping Lab for Occupational Therapy Students
- The Arrogance Rollercoaster + Lots of Labs
- Sorry, no real post today, but I once again can survive occupational therapy school
- Overwhelmed but still begging for more, I'm masOTchistic
- I live in an occupational therapy bubble
- Augh! Okay, at least read about schizophrenia on Patti's blog
- The Dance of the Prosthetic Arm Fairy
- Overwhelmed! Occupational therapy school is kicking my gluteus maximus right now.
- Top Ten Ways to Impress your Occupational Therapy Professors
- There is more than one way to skin a kiwi.
- i'm a maniac, maniac...occupational therapist maniac part II
- im a maniac, maniac...occupational therapist maniac
- I now present to you...new OT students in the blogosphere
- My occupational therapy goals for the night and babies watching TV
- 12-steps revisited. A visit to AA
- No-sew blanket making + Pathology + Random OT day
- Pondering being an occupational therapy role model and 12-steps
- Life is crazy! Let me throw a few bones out there
- I'm not dead, but my stat count is.
- Play therapy memories...I got to see Celia!
- ► August (47)
- They call me...Miss OTPF.
- A good but tiring day.
- OT thought of the day and promises of future OTPF-CRAZINESS
- Group leading and Leatherworking
- Quick update on leading group in OT
- "You could kill your patient..."
- Basic Study Tips for Incoming/Current OT Students
- Day 2: I'm a ghost again
- SENSORY ISSUES UNPLUGGED
- Boo, this Sunday is no fun
- Medication Management for Geriatric Patients
- Shout-outs to my new readers and to my newly arrogant self
- Volunteer to hold babies :)
- Random occupational therapy nuggets of joy
- Blog Comment Devastation- I need reader advice
- air conditioner fixed
- bad bad day
- Quote of the Day/Thought of the Day
- "Top 10 reasons I love being an occupational therapy student that (gasps for air) also has access to eye-opening fantastic disability blog carnivals!"
- New RehabCare blog linked to me!
- Occupational Therapy as illustrated by LOLcats
- You love me, you really love me! And I love OT school! And OT blogs!
- Stream of conciousness, statcounter, Star dust...salliteration...silliness
- Our session on neuro-IFRAH
- Wheelchair Lab and Wheelies
- A productive day! OT Diversity, baby
- I now present to you a little thing I like to call "Priorities Shifting" due to OT school.
- Wow I'm like dying from sleepiness
- I swear on a stack of bibliotherapy
- giant research test tomorrow nooooooooo
- neuro-IFRAH and sleep and swimming and augh sleep deficits did I mention sleep
- Neuro-IFRAH - yay!
- Jello Cereal: My OT skills are lacking
- Holy cow! I really AM famous! But not.
- Holding babies in a hospital, or appealing to a Philanthropist, it never ends
- An Emic Perspective
- I'm drowning!!!!!!!!!!
- 4am, I hate you
- AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (again)
- We're stars....check it out
- The weekend goes by too quickly
- A year of fame
- Oh, Wellbutrin: A Torrid Love Affair
- I am too wired to sleep so I present to you a cool website I just found
- Student therapy blog ot nicu burn ot school blog
- I'm such a slacker
- giant test tomorrow augh
- ► July (35)
- Grumpy to Golden. Well kinda.
- Where you "smell like formaldehyde with glitter on your face..." - that's occupational therapy school for you.
- A normal day in occupational therapy school
- Nikki: a feline SOAP note
- A quiet day.
- I'm a histrionic. No just kidding. No really. No....
- update to the update: I am a magic sleuth, call me Sherlock
- Let's just add in a little cheery update
- Ow. That will be all.
- Good night!!!
- I forgot to share the best part about today.
- Hmmmmmmm, inchoate thoughts secondary to sleep deprivation
- Visual Calendars: A therapeutic technique?
- The days are going by too quick...
- Total Procrastination
- La la la...the start of week 2
- Oh yeah, PS
- Day 5: Woodworking and Wheelchair Mobility!
- The end of the week draws neigh, or whatever that means...
- I need a shout-out, yo
- Day 3: Better day!
- Day 2: Good lectures, but administratively STRESSFUL!
- My first day back...I survived!
- Augh!! Classes start tomorrow!
- My grandmother is a flamingo: A mini geriatric occupational profile
- My boring day, sorry...a better post tomorrow
- My experience with burncare (and a little bit of randomosity)
- In OT Land, every day is Independence Day!
- My random day...
- Feeding group and leadership
- HIPAA Therapy
- Hanging with classmates & the reason I'm not in philosophy school
- Mohawks and Henna: Ideas for treating cancer with fun
- Hodgepodge of thoughts
- ► June (17)
- On the road again....
- Lessons come to life: observations in the NICU and SCU
- OTs put the FUN in functional
- A Snail's Pace: Patience is a Virtue
- Don't judge a book by its cover
- Typical feeding session
- There's no "I" in TEAM...groupwork.
- OT Practice & Blogging
- Mental Health: Autobiography Poem
- Hallmark OT Appreciation Cards
- Every book I've read so far mentions OT at least once...
- How I like to learn and why I blog
- A little light reading...
- School vacation = brain fog
- This OT blog is making me OT blogging mad.
- I'm still alive, I swear...
- ► May (17)
- I'm turning into an OT superhero! In my dreams at least
- Fieldwork: Scary, scary times
- Celia: The reason I am in OT school
- I can has OT?
- Anything can happen, anything can be.
- I will be changed.
- I'm gonna be a weird OT
- Ora Ruggles: Queen of Struggles
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Ding dong, the week is dead...
- Your weekends are taken over too...
- Look Me In the Eye - a blog by a man with Asperger's.
- Some kids are natural OTs
- Yay for AOTA!
- Another OT student blog I just found
- OTs Helping in a Private Residence
- Disability Do's and Dont's
- ► April (12)
- Say Loving Through Occupation
- Occupational Terrorists!
- We survived our first biomechanics practical!
- The Ashley Treatment
- OT Drama - We need a show called The O.T.
- Anatomical Agony
- Youtube.com - OT
- OT School Rocks!
- Lessons from OT...
- Be prepared for a lot of reading!
- Tips to Incoming MOT Students
- The AOTA wants YOU!
- ► December (42)